Saturday, June 20, 2015

The frame


I stepped out of the uncomfortable taxi cab and handed the driver my money. I looked down at the wad of cash longingly, $500. All of my savings thrown away just to get a new start. I thought sadly. I got framed for a crime I didn’t do! Wait! Let me explain! A woman in a business suit came at my door at almost 12:00 at night saying I won a thousand dollars. The weird part was they said I had to take the money this instant or else I wouldn’t get it. At first I was happy that I won that much money! I was so happy I almost took it blindly. I was about to until they said I had to sign this piece of paper that I couldn’t read because of the light. They kept pressuring me to sign it until they couldn’t wait anymore. They said if I don’t sign in 5 seconds they would have to give the award to someone else! I was so desperate, I wasn’t thinking straight. I signed and took the money. Not 3 minutes later the police showed up and took me under arrest. It took 3 years for my name to be cleared and the bad guys to be caught, but even after that I couldn’t bear to live in Michigan anymore! I got mean looks even my own daughter got shunned because of me! I couldn’t take it anymore and moved to Chicago. Now I have a fresh start and I even got a new last name of me and my daughter. I have a fresh slate here for me to pursue any job, anything I have ever dreamed of doing! I won’t have to worry about people whispering ‘oh Suzie don’t play with the thief’s daughter, I don’t want you to get influenced.’ I am so glad that finally I get a new chance at life! I can help fix those kind of problems and raise awareness of thieves and how to catch them. More importantly, more people staying safe, without having their neighbors look at them like criminals just because they got framed. Even after the real criminals have been caught! I can help!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's really difficult to prove to people that you didn't do anything wrong when people already judged you based on what they heard around. I'm glad that you were able to move to another place and start a new life there. Even so, I hope you’ll be able to get justice and those people who framed you up be caught and pay for what they did to you.

    Eliseo Weinstein @ JRs Bail Bond

    ReplyDelete