Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Social Studies Test review

Loyalist:


I'm most like Jonathan Boucher.

 Four facts about him
1. Jonathan Boucher was full of energy and ambition.
2. He was never afraid to speak his mind.
3. He did not believe that common people were capable of ruling.
4. He preached that the kings power came from God.

 The play for the loyalist:

Loyalist: Hello, young loyalist, how do you do?
Me: I am very fine indeed. Thank you
Loyalist: I don't think that what the patriots are doing is very nice indeed
Me: Not many people agree with you, you know.
Loyalist: I don't care, I'm not afraid to speak my mind.
Me: People told me your full of ambition, is it true?
Loyalist: Yes, I am. I also preach people about how the kings power comes from God.
Me: Really?
Loyalist: Yes, common people aren't capable of ruling.
Me: I agree with you on all accounts.
Loyalist: Thank you, that means a lot, young loyalist.
Me: Bye, Jonathan Boucher
Loyalist: Bye.


Patriot:


I'm most like Mercy Otis Warren.

Three facts about her:

1. She loves reading, writing and discussing politics
2. She was very religious
3. She felt that the taxes were too high and the workers were paid too little



The play for the patriot:

Patriot: Hello, young patriot, have you been reading and writing a lot?
Me: Yes, and I've been discussing politics
Patriot: Good, have you read my latest writing in where I said I felt that the taxes were too high and the workers were paid too low?
Me: Yes, I'm so mad at King George. Why does he get to be the king? We're perfectly able to govern ourselves!
Patriot: I agree, but don't get too upset over it. It is better to write out your feelings instead of shouting them out where loyalists can hear you.
Me: Oh, I'm sorry. I just have one more question.
Patriot: What is it?
Me: I've heard your very religious, is that true?
Patriot: Yes, I'm very religious.
Me: Bye, nice meeting you.
Patriot: You too. Keep writing!










No comments:

Post a Comment