Sunday, November 16, 2014

AHW

My Great Aunt Jean:

Today we were visiting my great aunt Jean that I never met in my whole life. We just pulled up to the parking lot in our red car. We all got out of the car, my mom carrying the box of Dunkin' Doughnuts, and I was carrying my dads IPhone and my ear buds. We walked towards the Senior Center where she lived with her daughter Linda.
"Do you think she'll have a dog? I really love dogs!" I exclaimed with excitement.
"She might have a dog, she is a dog lover. Did you know she used to have a dog named Bobo?"
"Really? I never knew that, well maybe she got another dog." I said hope bubbling in my voice.
We walked into the Senior Center and my mom pulled at the handle. It wouldn't budge.
"Here let me try." I said
So I walked forwards and tugged as hard as I can and it still wouldn't open. The clear glass door with wood painted to look like gold just sat there not budging while I was tugging at the door with all my might.
"Oh wait you have to buzz in with the person you're visiting. OK so 211."
Bzzz went the buzzer.
"Hello? Who is it?" A voice said from the buzzer speaker.
"Hi, Aunt Jean? Its Roger and family." My dad said speaking loud because my aunt Jean is a little hard if hearing.
"Oh hi, its Linda." Came the voice again.
"Great, can you buzz me in?"
"Sure, I'm going to do it right now, oh and Roger. We're on the 2nd floor."
"Ok Linda, thank you."
No response, that must mean they're going to buzz us in right now. I thought to myself. I just remembered what this felt like: meeting my grandfather Liberetorie. It felt the exact same way expect when he opened the door a big black dog that reached up to my waist came running at us and I knelt down and was petting it and letting it lick me all over. The dogs name was Harley and the dog would follow me around everywhere. I was really bummed to find out that Harley died a couple weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment