Monday, May 26, 2014

AHW

Today and yesterday were great days! Now, let me tell you why. First on Sunday my family and I went to the Polish Country Fair, even though we're not Polish. It was bigger than I expected. There were so many rides and lots of games. I didn't play any of the games because the games are rigged so you can almost never win. But I went on almost all the rides. One of my favorites was this ride that was shaped like a spaceship and you went inside of it and you had to stand against these mats that were stood up. Then they would play music really, really loud and it would start to spin, and spin, and spin even faster till you could barley move and if you could move your arms it felt like they were being pushed back by someone 10 times stronger than you. Then the mats would move upwards then back down. My other favorite is when you get in this little car and it spins really fast, then after a little bit it stops and you think the ride is over. But it isn't, then you spin backwards really fast.  Then it stops. But those weren't the only rides I went on because I stayed there the whole day. On the way out my parents let me get a wax hand. I chose the peace symbol.

On Monday, my family and I went to Greenfield Village. They were having Civil War reenactments throughout the day. When we first got there we rode the train. Then we got off and walked around a little bit. It was about 80 degrees at about 10:00 in the morning. So we stopped and got some kettle corn. To be honest it was a little on the sweet side. Then we looked around some more and we  looked in the Wright brothers bicycle shop, where they made their airplane parts. Then we got in the long line for a Model T ride. Then it was time for lunch. We ate in the place where they served modern day food. Then we walked a little more and looked around and then had some ice cream. Then finally we went on a wagon that 2 horses pulled. When we got off my dad let me buy 4 peppermint sticks. I got pink lemonade, blueberry, and 2 other flavors that I have no idea what they are! So that way my Sunday and Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment