Tuesday, December 9, 2014

AHW-Skiing

Today I learned how to stop, and turn on my skis. I fell down a total of 4 or 5 times, which is pretty good for someone who never skied before. When I got off the charter bus I got my ski stuff and went into the lodge to get my skis and boots. I first had to fill out a slip for the ski rental and the boots. Then I had to put them on which was kind of complicated. Then I had to go to my first ski lesson. It was on the smallest slope of all of them and we had to ride a 'magic carpet' to get to the top. We were learning how to stand correctly on the skis first then how to bend your knees and made a wedge if you want to stop. At the beginning I wasn't that good but I got better and now I'm pretty good. The only problem I have is that I can't turn my direction very well. By the way to clarify I'm turning before I'm moving. I can't wait until I go again next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment