Saturday, April 11, 2015

Short Story

One day a girl named Rokel who was always complaining and never appreciating anything anybody does and she always takes things for granted, was sitting at the dining table and asked "Mom! what's for dinner?" While she was playing on her phone. "Well sweetie, we're having fish sticks." She replied.
"Yuck who eats fish sticks? I'm not gonna eat that!" She cried out in disgust.
In the morning on her way to the mall (It was Saturday) with about $100 she ran into a girl with her mom and the mom was buying a pretzel for the girl. "Oh thank you mom!" The girl cried and it was obvious that she didn't have much money and she was wearing tattered clothes with holes in them. The girl turned around so fast she ran into Rokel. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed.
"Why are you happy just to get a pretzel? I mean I didn't get that excited when I got my phone." Rokel said.
"Well its always good to great full towards people who give you things, even if its just giving you food on a plate, new clothes, money for the mall, or a new phone." She replied.
Rokel looked down at her money in her hand and her phone in her back pocket and realized that she was a ungrateful person. So she raced back home and bolted through the door and gave her parents a big hug and said "I'm really sorry I didn't appreciate all those things you did for me, I promise I will from now on." Rokel cried.
From that day on Rokel was so kind and nice not only to her parents but to everyone who gave her things and helped her in any kind of way. She learned how to be appreciative. The End

No comments:

Post a Comment