Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Chair - of Torture!

Today an inquisitive friend of mine asked me what's it like to get braces. Well let me tell you about getting braces! When I first got braces it was torture for 2 weeks! I have a different type of braces than most people: it works faster but hurts more. My orthodontist put some cement on my teeth then pressed the brackets on the cement. Then she had to put bands on in the very back. She had to push and poke to get it on, it really hurt like a penetrating pain. (About a month ago she said my bands were loose so she took them off and put brackets on saying "Shhh, don't tell anyone.") Whenever she tightened my braces my gums and teeth ache. Every time you put you're teeth together its like a needle in gums.  Even though at first I really, really really didn't want braces my parents told me that it will help me become more successful and my teeth and smile will look prettier. I always go to the orthodontist on dreary Mondays. I am getting super excited because I get my braces off this June! I've only had them on for 1 year which is really short so I'm happy because as soon as I get my braces off my dad said he'll buy me 3 packs of gum- my choice! After I told her all of that she responded by saying "Now I don't want braces!"

No comments:

Post a Comment