Monday, May 18, 2015

Track

'Come on I'm almost done.' I told myself as I ran the last stretch of the 1 mile. I just passed Azaria; I was running right next to her the whole time because she runs at my pace. There was one of the Berkshire girls right in front of me so I sprinted a little harder and passed her. Now I was about 100 meters away from the finish line and I turned up all the way and sprinted as hard as I could towards that finish line. I passed it feeling happy but also not knowing where exactly the finish line was.
"8:33." The woman called out.
"8:33, great job!" Coach Giesler yelled out. Wow- 8:33, I dropped a whole minute and 20 seconds off of my school mile! I was so happy because before this year I couldn't get faster than a 11 minute mile, I've improved so much over the track and cross country season, so I'm really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment