Sunday, May 17, 2015

WOSO

"If they don't call Don't Bug Me then I'm going to scream." I yelled over the noise at Zoe.
We were at the Wayne Oakland Science Olympiad competition and they were announcing the winners. It was 3rd through 5th and even though there were 4th graders and 6th graders on out team, we still qualified as 5th graders. They just called out Charged Up and we all hoped they would call Don't Bug Me next.
"Ok, next is Don't Bug Me for 3rd graders." The man yelled into the microphone.
"Yay!" Zoe and I squealed. Finally he got to 5th grade and me and Zoe squeezed each others hand so tightly we both had to say:
"Ow, you're holding too tight!"
"5th place is... Birmingham Covington School-team 36!" The man called out.
I was slightly disappointed but Zoe and I went up and received our medals. Then we went back and sat down and waited for him to call up Weather or Not. After about 30 minutes he finally called 3rd grade Weather or Not. We patiently waited for him to call 5th grade. He did and I was crossing my fingers to not get 5th place. He called a school that was not us (thankfully) but when he got to 3rd place and didn't call out name we were starting to get worried.
"2nd place is...Birmingham Covington School-team 36!" He called out.
I was really proud of us and we walked up there and received our medals. On the way back we high fived each other and sat down. I was proud that I did that well and even though last year I won 1st and 2nd place, my 2nd and 5th place medals form this year are worth more than a 1st place and 2nd place medal in that other competition because this year there were 39 schools and 41 teams. Last year there were only about 10 schools and 10 teams.
I think Zoe and I make a good team!

No comments:

Post a Comment